• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injector cleaner, not a pour in

tbear

NAXJA Forum User
wondering how hard it is to clean each injector seperatly. somthing that screws on fuel rail maybe ???????thanks for info in advance.

3M makes an injector cleaning kit that uses a fuel/cleaner mix in a pressurized can. You pull the fuse for the fuel pump, disconnect the supply and return lines then attach the kit to the fuel rail. Start it and let it run till it's empty. Takes about 20 min or so. NAPA carries it and I have started seing a cheaper version showing up at a couple of other local auto parts stores though that may be the base kit and they killyou with the adapter prices, the NAPA kit comes with either 5 or 7 adapters that covers all the bases. The fuel cans are around $23 ea. My neighbor bought one and I borrow it each spring.
I notice no really big difference after using it but then I use either Chevron Techron or the Valvoline Gold on a regular basis. With the techron I use the big bottle and add to 15 gallons instead of 20.

Back