• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does anyone make upgraded shafts for the XJ44?

Dano

NAXJA Member #1269
same spline maby chromaloyed or somthing...
Upgradding is better than replacing.
I would just like to keep the stock shafts as spares. :farmer:

Dano said:
same spline maby chromaloyed or somthing...
Upgradding is better than replacing.
I would just like to keep the stock shafts as spares. :farmer:

Duchman, Moser, Superior

If you find some listed for a TJ D44, they are the same axle, only difference is the mounting flange.

What ya asking for the Superior axle?

Tom Houston

xxxj-va said:
What side ya need? I'm selling a new in box superior one piece for the passenger side. pm me if interested.

He is asking about XJ REAR shafts...not D30 non-disco pass. side. :doh:

Agree with above: Moser, Dutchman, Superior...the Williams is new news to me... Approx $300/pr.

Actually the two different sides are different lengths and there are one piece machined axles and axles that have the flange welded on, commonly called two piece.

Tom Houston

:doh: x 2 on me LOL

That is very true, the 2 different lengths for a 44 rear. Dummy questions: Whose are 1pc or 2 pc? Any price difference? Pros & Cons?

Anyone run a short one in the long side as a get-homer?

Actually, two piece shafts are a little different than welded on flanges. Two piece shafts commonly refer to the old style AMC Model 20 rear axle and the old school Dana 44 19 spline diffs that used a keyed shaft to locate the flange torsionally and a large nut to locate the flange laterally. the end of the axle shaft was tapered and threaded to accept these outer bits.

In my experience, all domestically produced shafts and blanks are non welded. That is, they are forged as one piece with the flange.

Many peeps out here carry just a short side shaft to get them home. There is enough spline in contact to get you home, as long as you don't use the right pedal too much.

CRASH

Back