• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 front axle?

XJjosh

NAXJA Member #1025
I would like to get a dana 44 front axle with a passenger side drop for my XJ. i would like one with a 5 on 5.5 inch bolt pattern. which is my best candidate for this? what year/make? and what about WMS to match the cherokee dana 44 rear width? i know i have 5 on 4.5 inch on back but i am going to change to 5 on 5.5. need help!!!

why do you want passenger side drop? Certain year FSJ axles will be passenger side - from the '70s I think. Maybe some j20 pickups - not sure about that.

i want a pass. side drop because i am putting in a SB350/700R4 combo and dont want to run the 231. strength issues i guess. looking for the best combo (cheap would be good too).

XJjosh said:
i want a pass. side drop because i am putting in a SB350/700R4 combo and dont want to run the 231. strength issues i guess. looking for the best combo (cheap would be good too).

You can get decent Scout II D44s for cheap - but they have poor caster. You will need to rotate the knuckles to dial in the caster - do it after you get the axle back on the truck to set it right.

r@m

Back