• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado people, help with title question?

xjfanatc

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at a 91 cherokee for cheap, and was told that colorado does not issue titles it is part of the registration or something. Can some of you colorado folks comfirm this or deny this? This sounds somewhat fishy to me but I realize each sate has different requirements. Thanks for all the help.

xjfanatc said:
I am looking at a 91 cherokee for cheap, and was told that colorado does not issue titles it is part of the registration or something. Can some of you colorado folks comfirm this or deny this? This sounds somewhat fishy to me but I realize each sate has different requirements. Thanks for all the help.

Colorado DOES issue PAPER titles.

Are the paper titles part of the registration or is it a title in and of itself thanks again. I thought something might have sounded a little strange to this.

The only reason a colorado jeep would not have a title is if the lean holder still has it or the dude lost it. Colo titles are are transferable without a notery and are issued on the spot upon regesterind as the new owner.
Led

Yep, Colorado does indeed give you a paper title. All ya gotta do is go to the DMV offce in your area (in Colorado of course) with the previous title the you've signed as the new owner, turn it in to the DMV and they'll charge you a title fee. Then you get a brand new printed title. No requirement to register it to get a title.

Edit: I saw that you're posting this message from another state and thought you were asking the question because you were either moving out here, or buying an XJ here to title here. If you're asking the question because you're looking to buy a Colorado XJ and the seller is telling you he doesn't have a title because Colorado doesn't issue paper titles - beware! He's full of crap. Check into that deal very carefully. It may be that it was sold to him as "salvage" and he doesn't have a transferable title.....

Last edited:
Back