• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finalizing 8.8 install...

pfogle

NAXJA Forum User
Need to know for sure on a few things..

This is all for a Cherokee that will see about 7-8" of lift very shortly.

Emergency Brake cables. Will stock Explorer Cables work, or should I order Grand Cherokee Passenger side cables for both sides?

Brake line that connects from Axle to Frame. Mine was cut at the JY, so need a new one. It appears that the left side cable going to the caliper, and that hose are one unit? Will a stock replacement work with this much lift, or do I have to order something else, and if so, does anyone have a part number/manufacturer/whaterver.

I get all parts from NAPA at wholesale, so anything I can get from them is preferred.

Did a search, and see that people are talking about either stock explorer cables, or using GC cables.. so wanted to confirm that before buying either, and never saw a direct answer to the hose going to the axle tube from the frame.

Thanks,
Paul

I have a 8.8 in my '89 with 6.5" of lift.

I used the stock explorer e-brake cables and they have plenty of slack. I would say that they should work for you.

As for brake lines, I dont think I can help you there. I have my own custom brake lines and aftermarket Ford Bronco rubber hoses.

FWIW.

Brian

thanks, I'll go ahead and order the stock e-brake cables. They attach just fine to the XJ parking brake mechanism?

Now, anyone have any ideas on the "t" connector hose that goes from tube to body?

Back