• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

From 31x10.5 to 33x10.5

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
I am sitting at 4.5" right now and running 31x10.5 TrXus, I found a guy that might want to trade me brand new 33x10.5 BGF AT's for my TrXus. Do you think i could run the 33x10.5 on 4.5 inches of lift with out rubbage. I am gonna trim my flares as soon as the weather breaks.

I would make the trade as well. Your might have to trim a little on the low part of the fender flare but nothing major. But where your going to see it is the gear ratio is going to hurt. Don't know what you have now for gears but you will want to change those out to help with the mpg,rpm, and offroad crawling. Juice

96XJCLASSIC said:
I am sitting at 4.5" right now and running 31x10.5 TrXus, I found a guy that might want to trade me brand new 33x10.5 BGF AT's for my TrXus. Do you think i could run the 33x10.5 on 4.5 inches of lift with out rubbage. I am gonna trim my flares as soon as the weather breaks.

Are those the TrXus MTs? If they are, do you really want to go from an MT to an AT tread? Is that extra inch or so of clearance underneath going to make up for the less aggressive tread pattern, for the wheeling you do?

I can only speak for 4.5" BS wheels but here goes:

I'm at 5" from a RE 4.5" lift with 33x10.50s. If you trim the front of the front fenders even with the top of the bumper that will help a ton. On full stuff you will still rub at the top of the wheelwell. I have NOT cut and raised my flares. I have extended my bumpstops a total of 4.5" (3" came with kit and 1.5" was added). Below you can see the darker rub marks where the tire still rubs a little.
DSCN0491.jpg

DSCN0492.jpg

It only rubs on the driver's side though. The passenger side never rubs with my setup.

Stuff Pic
113_1305.jpg

On the rear, I trimmed the rear edge of fenders (about 1") and put the flares back on a long time ago. The 33x10.50s never rub in the rear and I have not extended the bump stops. I never hit the bumpstops.

In case I'm messing up the links (probable) go here http://www.resizeme.com/index.cfm?pg=browsealbums&albumid=129

Last edited:
Back