• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage is almost finished!

fatwreck

NAXJA Forum User
With the help of D&C Extreme in Colorado Springs....I was able to get my cage going this weekend.

I still need to bolt it down to the floor, gusset it, and paint it.....but for the most part it's done. :D

D&C is offering it as a kit. It's made out of 1 1/2", .120 wall, HREW. They cut, bent, and notched all the pieces ahead of time and we just put it in and welded it up.

It all fit really well and I'm definitely happy with it. The introductory price is going to be $450 for the kit. Here is their website www.dandcextreme.com and some of my pictures:
IMG_4047-2.jpg

IMG_4065-2.jpg

IMG_4066-2.jpg

IMG_4068-2.jpg

and my writeup:
http://www.projectxj.com/mods/cage.htm

Any pics of how it ties into the floor? Looks good and may have to drop off my Jeep when I go home this spring.

Xjman1 said:
Any pics of how it ties into the floor? Looks good and may have to drop off my Jeep when I go home this spring.

I didn't take any pics of how it ties to the floor because I haven't finished that yet.

It has plates that are 4x4x3/16 and they bolt down. I'll take some pics when I get that far.

korda said:
That looks like a very clean job. Do you have plans on additional bracing or triangulation?

Yeah, I plan to gusset all the corners. I'm not sure if I'll add a bunch of triagulation or not though.

How much of that stuff you do all depends on what you want the cage for. I know it could use some more strength, but I don't plan on doing any 80 mph roll overs anytime soon.

Back