• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy Axle ????

Heep

NAXJA Forum User
Im setting up a 86 non disco waggy axle FRONT D44 and are there inner seals in the diffs where the carrier goes-as in the sides of the carrier that the shafts slide through or are there just outer seals? Im stumped

Heep said:
Im setting up a 86 non disco waggy axle FRONT D44 and are there inner seals in the diffs where the carrier goes-as in the sides of the carrier that the shafts slide through or are there just outer seals? Im stumped
There are only two inner seals to keep the fluids from spilling out onto the tubes.
One on each side...
axleseal03.jpg

axleseal05.jpg

axleseal08.jpg

thank you

The pics arent working. :laugh: :laugh:

Right click the picture and go to "Copy Image Location".

Then erase the address in your browser window and paste (ctrl+insert) the image address. This will show it. Guess the dude has a problem with hot linking? Pretty funny stuff...

Jared

Heep said:

Dude, how are you going to do the steering on that puppy. I am strating mine this weekend. LEt me know what kind of probs you have run into. Thanks

I havent started it yet so Im not quite sure yet but I think
Im just gonna run the stock knuckles (not high-steer) on it and I bought some Rod ends,mis-alignment spacers, and some tube inserts from Poison Spy. Customs. Im gonna use the trackbar from my lifted WJ (ORGS Adj.) and measure everything else from that. Ill make the drag-link and tie-rod out of
1 1/2 tube w/ .25 wall. If the trackbar doesnt work Ill just make one just like the drag link and raise the mount for the trackbar if i need to to get the angles right. Let me know how it goes this weekend on your rig also. later

Heep said:
I havent started it yet so Im not quite sure yet but I think
Im just gonna run the stock knuckles (not high-steer) on it and I bought some Rod ends,mis-alignment spacers, and some tube inserts from Poison Spy. Customs. Im gonna use the trackbar from my lifted WJ (ORGS Adj.) and measure everything else from that. Ill make the drag-link and tie-rod out of
1 1/2 tube w/ .25 wall. If the trackbar doesnt work Ill just make one just like the drag link and raise the mount for the trackbar if i need to to get the angles right. Let me know how it goes this weekend on your rig also. later

Well turns out that the engine in the waggy I bought has been rebuilt. The guy has a honcho with a 360 that only has 38K original miles. I'm going to part out this one and buy the Honcho from him for the engine and axles.

Anybody need any 360cid, Dana 44s, 727 torqueflight, havent check the transfer case yet, but its all for sale... :helpme:

Back