• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ohhhhhhh Nooooooo

Tombs

NAXJA Forum User
I was going to change rear shocks to day on my Chreokee "1999" and the darn bolts broke off at the top of the shock. Now what do I do? Is there an easy fix?

Do a search on here. There have been a few threads on here that go into some of the remedies that can be taken.

Thanks, many disscussions on broken shock bolts. Also about as many ways to repair them. I dont know if I have the knowlege or the tools but I think I may try some of these. I guess if one doesnt work i'll go to the next.

man, if i were you i would definitely look into a rear shock mount bar. save yourself the hassle for sure

Well, I got them done. Ended up with 3 of 4 bolts breaking. Drilled them out and retapped them. It wasn't that bad. Thank goodness for heated garages. Put in all new bolts with lock washers and a whole lot of no seize on them. Done. thanks all. I did see a couple of picts of those shock mount bars, they looked pretty nice. may consider that in the future. Thanks again.

Back