• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Making LA's Some ??'s

Heep

NAXJA Forum User
Ive looked at quite a few custom long arms and have a few questions...still(Trail Only Rig, 8-9" with 36 Iroks)
Im going to make the uppers come off the lowers

I have 2- 2 1/2 johhny joints(huge!) for the lowers, should I put those on the axle end or the frame end?

Can I use my TeraFlex Adj. LCA's off my WJ for the uppers on the Custom LA's? You think theyll be too long?-They are around 16.5" at mid extentension

What should I use on the other end of the LA's?-Rod ends or Superflex Joints or Boulder bushings(poison Spd. Cust.) or RK joints?

Thanks

Heep said:
Ive looked at quite a few custom long arms and have a few questions...still(Trail Only Rig, 8-9" with 36 Iroks)
Im going to make the uppers come off the lowers

I have 2- 2 1/2 johhny joints(huge!) for the lowers, should I put those on the axle end or the frame end?

Can I use my TeraFlex Adj. LCA's off my WJ for the uppers on the Custom LA's? You think theyll be too long?-They are around 16.5" at mid extentension

What should I use on the other end of the LA's?-Rod ends or Superflex Joints or Boulder bushings(poison Spd. Cust.) or RK joints?

Thanks
I would use rubber style ends on the axle end due to the fact that the axle will twist during flex and a Jonny joint is a fixed posistion as far as that is concerned meaning it twist on an axis and does not have the kind of give a rubber bushing has. As for the frame end it is just a matter of preference, but think of in terms of ease to fix or replace when needed. as for using the arms you already have for uppers, the only question on that as far as I can see is would you have enough clearance for it that it would not hit on something.

Do you know where I could get rubber bushings online? Ive looked a bit and only find poly ones

You can get stock bushings almost anywhere(Napa,Checker,Autozone,Pep Boys).Use all rubber for the front and a RE/Currie joint at the rear.Go to my home page for pics of my set-up!

Thanks, thats funny i already have your homepage bookmarked
On the rubber bushings, when I go to the parts should i order a certain bushing for a certain year vehicle or what ,uppers or lowers, i assume some are better than others as in size and style

Back