• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP NO Headlights!!!!!!

XJeacdabnow

NAXJA Forum User
This morning my headlights worked fine, by the time I left work nothing. I have park lights, and passing high beams, but nothing stays on. I have no regular headlights too. I checked all the fuses, all look good. My headlight bulbs can't be burnt out because they work with the passing switch. Anybody have any Ideas? Do headlight switches just burn up like that? Would the parking lights still work even if the switch was burnt up?
I need headlights ASAP! What do I do!!!
THANKS in advance:eek:

When my headlight switch went out last winter, everything worked except the headlights. Parking lights and dash lights were both ok. I could pull back on the turn signal stalk and the headlights would flash as usual. Replaced the headlight switch and everything was fine again.

Ordinarily........

With sudden and sometimes somewhat strange headlight malfunctions on all vehicles, the headlight switch is usually to blame. To have a connector problem is indeed not normal...although not unexpected on these XJ's!! Good Luck!! Judd

You guys were right on, It was the stupid headlight switch. I was just freaking out about paying $77 bucks for the H?L beam switch!! (for the Jeep dealer) The simple switch was to blame though.
Thanks again guys!!

Back