• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First Meeting Issue List

JohnJohn

Member #42
I am starting to put together an agenda for our first meeting. Please post other topics you would like brought up.

Here is what I have so far:

Chapter Name:
Chapter Mission Statement:
Chapter Elections: President, Vice President, Sec, Treasurer
Trail Ratings Used:
Meeting places:
Meeting frequency:
Fund Raisers/Dues:
Discount Vendors/Dealers:
Ethics and Values:
Environmental issues:
Annual Events:

We really need to address to the NAXJA August trip this summer.
By this time camp sites and trails are usually decided. Having the date set is good, but camp sites fill up quick in the Ouray area and Buena Vista at that time of year.
I see that Tom H. wants to lead trails, but that's all I see.

Fred

Alot is going on behind the scenes. Grant is pulling it together. We were going to work on this after the standard portion of the meeting on the 6th but Grant is probably going to be tied up that date. We have already made some tentative plans and will be discussing them with the people that will be helping.

Since it looks like the Colorado chapter is green-lighted, we definitely need to discuss the August NAXJA trip, since it will become "our" baby.

Fred said:
We really need to address to the NAXJA August trip this summer.
By this time camp sites and trails are usually decided. Having the date set is good, but camp sites fill up quick in the Ouray area and Buena Vista at that time of year.
I see that Tom H. wants to lead trails, but that's all I see.

Fred

Relax Dooood.

:D

There will be a brief presentation on March 6th, this will be the chapter's first annual event. Dates are final, locations are Ouray/Buena Vista. Trail runs have been planned. A few final details and then Mar 6th will also be a call for volunteers. We will need trail leaders, campsite/accomodation co-ordinator, and a couple others. Trail scouting will have to wait until July when the snow melts, and we may have to change the trail schedule somewhat depending if some trails open or not.

I would also appreciate some feedback from FF99 attendees with regards to Ouray.

Later
Grant

I've got a copy of the bylaws that other chapters have used and that are patterned after that will be readily accepted by NAXJA. I will see about incorporating in the ideas from this forum and have a copy ready at the meeting. If everyone likes them and we elect officers, we can get them filed and get certified ASAP instead of taking months of discussion to finish them.

My intent is to get this show on the road instead of getting bogged down in paperwork.

Tom Houston

And dats why you gonna be the prez :cheers:

Sounds like Nay had his Wheaties this morning or was it fruit loops?

chapter name

as for the name of the chapter: though i like "mile high", it evokes "Denver" (mile high city), and when i think of wheelin' i don't think of Denver (and i usually set my sights a bit higher, say 10,000 feet!).

NAXJA -- Colorado chapter i think says it all...

$.02

Re: chapter name

MMIXJ said:
as for the name of the chapter: though i like "mile high", it evokes "Denver" (mile high city), and when i think of wheelin' i don't think of Denver (and i usually set my sights a bit higher, say 10,000 feet!).

NAXJA -- Colorado chapter i think says it all...

$.02

I agree. "Mile High" is as low as we get in these parts, and that is the Denver city slogan.

Nay

Re: chapter name

Nay said:
I agree. "Mile High" is as low as we get in these parts, and that is the Denver city slogan.

Nay

Agreed. Used way too much. Rocky Mountain Chapter maybe?

I like Mountain States. I would like to include Wyoming and New Mexico, or at least not pick a title that seems to exclude them.

$.02

Tom Houston

old_man said:
I like Mountain States. I would like to include Wyoming and New Mexico, or at least not pick a title that seems to exclude them.

$.02

Tom Houston

I WOULD agree with you, but I think Colorado Chapter is better. We are already hearing chatter about having the meetings in the Denver Area, and how far a drive it is. If we try to include other states WHEN NAMING I think we just add to the "travel madness"

I VOTE Colorado Chapter. opps when can do that on the 6th.

I guess my only hesitations to Mountain States are:

A. When speaking of the "Mountain States" it typically includes Utah
Not that I have any issues with Utah...my 2, 3 and 4th wives all is from them parts..... :party:

B. Intermountain vs Mountain States.....seems a little same same.

Not that I am offering a solution....just another view I guess.

Last edited:
Nay said:
I think need to vote to ban gay marriage as the first order of business. :wow: .

Nay
You're joking, right? This is a JEEP Association, and that's not an order of business that needs to be brought into record of discussion in our minutes.

I also am not too keen on "mountain states". I think Rocky Mountain Chapter is a good alternative so we can include WY and NM. This shouldn't mean massive travel problems as we can still say chapter central would be Denver area and meetings would only be a certain distance from there. I really don't think many would get to a meeting in NM.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Crunch

p.s. Anyonewho wants to see (or buy) NAXJA's raffle XJ (Duke), I will be in it at the meeting.

Yucca-Man said:
You're joking, right? This is a JEEP Association, and that's not an order of business that needs to be brought into record of discussion in our minutes.

Of course I'm kidding :D

Nay

Back