• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange turn signal

8700XJS

NAXJA Forum User
My 2000 XJ is experiencing some wierd turn signal-ism. There are times when I turn on my blinker, left or right, and it sticks on. No blink. If I turn if off manually and back on it will be fine. There are days when It works just fine or it may only do it as little as once a day. No pattern to it just very random.

I bought it used with 122000mi. on it for $6500. It has a new motor in it for some reason. I only now this by the final assemble date of August 99 and and engine date code of May 00. This is the only problem with it so I don't let it bother me too much but thought I would ask if anyone else has seen this.

One thing I should mention and believe to be a good place to look for the cause is the Clifford Auto Immobilizer that is installed, which from what I have been told was the downfall of Clifford. I did not get the remote with it and it is in Valet mode.

Thanks

8700XJS

Replace the blinker unit. $10 for an electronic, $5 for a mechanical at any auto parts store. Plug-in replacement.

Like Eagle said, sounds like the problem is the flasher relay.

BTW, Clifford is still around and now owned by DEI so you should be able to get a new remote.

Back