• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help Questions

let'smakeadeal

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I've got some questions about my XJ. First of all when I put it into drive there a loud pop sound that comes from the back. (I have an auto if it makes a difference). Also this weekend I'm thinking about taking my stock flares off, Will this give me more flex clearance or will I have to trim? I'm gonna put wackers on it later down the road. If anyone can answer these that'd be great. Thanks for the help.

Universals in the driveshaft is the first suspect. As for the flares, why bother unless you are running tires 31 or bigger.

I agree on the drive shaft u-joints for your first question.

For the second, it's impossible to answer without knowing what year XJ, what tire size, and whether or not you run stock wheels.

Are the U-Joints a major problem that should be fixed A.S.A.P?

As for the flares, I have a 91 with 3"AAL and 31" Mudders with stock wheels.

Thanks, your help is greatly needed and appreciated.

let'smakeadeal said:
Are the U-Joints a major problem that should be fixed A.S.A.P?

If they are bad, they are a minor problem that should be fixed ASAP so they don't take out the driveshaft and become a major problem.

As for the flares, I have a 91 with 3"AAL and 31" Mudders with stock wheels.

31s on stock rims is not a problem. They should not hit the flares at all. You should extend your bump stops, though, to prevent the tires from "topping out" against the fender liners.

Back