• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another sye question....and rockrails

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
i am going to have to buy a sye......tom woods has one for $400.00 with the driveshaft........how tough is this one for a dd who is a very cautious/sensible off-roader.......with no real rock climbing intentions......he also had the hd version for a little more....but do i really need it.......
`99 xj with 4 1/2 lift and 31`s
and who makes a good set of rockrails that will stick out a couple of inches past the rocker..........kinda like the big thick tube nerf bars
i plan on buying a set and figure i might as well get some that will keep the mud outta the door jamb.........any pics would be greatly appreciated.....

I recommend using the SEARCH section.

You should get an HD SYE over a Hack-N-Tap. JB Conversions has a Super Short HD SYE that reduces driveline angle even more. I just bought one on 13th and I got it in the mail on the 18th.

As for rockrails... SEARCH. I would go with Rocky Road Steprails.

evil's right, that $400 deal does look like it's just a glorified hack-n-tap.

Blow another $100 and get his HD unit. I did, I love it...

Robert

man, my friend runs the RE hack-n-tap on his yj on 40's without incident, has been for 5 years now. i would definitely recommend a hack-n-tap setup for a dd on 31's

Terry at www.rigidco.com makes some good rails. They are $175 per pair and have skidplates on the bottom side. They lose less ground clearance than ANY other rockrail I have seen. The price is for unpainted, but prepped for paint, rails. He's located in Salt Lake City, UT.

I'm picking up mine this afternoon from him.

Jared

ORGS and Custom 4x4 make some nice Rocker Rails. If you like the type that stick out a little more and have a larger diameter tube, look at the Olympic Rails. I got the JB HD SYE..no issues at all.

You really would be hard pressed to find any rails better then AJ's. I was so impressed when I actually recieved them and got a chance to get them on the jeep. They look great, and I have gotten MANY compliments on how well they are made.

-Scott

Rock Rails. ORGS Super Nerfs, except no substitue. Quality construction, stout materials and good looking too.

SYE, I'm researching also and leaning towards the Tom Woods HD unit. Tom Woods built a 13" drive shaft with CV joints at each end for my CJ when no one else would except the challenge. It came delivered as promised and was also of good quality.

Tom

i think i`ll go with the aj`s superrails.......they look great and have a kickin price......
i saw another set i liked on here a few weeks ago ......
it had the step rail angled up a bit ...........but while during my search i couldn`t find the pic.

i guess as far as the sye i should spend the little extra now and get the hd unit.......i have tried to save in the past and it usually costs more later.......

if i instal the new driveshaft now and sometime in the future i decide to lift my xj an inch or two more(4 1/2 now) how will that affect the length of the shaft?
does the slip in the shaft generally have enough to accomadate another lift?

dude im telling you right now you wont need the hd sye...going big now would be a mistake say, if down the road you want to get an atlas.

Back