• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another headlight issue.

Turtle

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased a 94 Sport. I drove home from work yesterday (still daylight) with my lights on, or so I thought.

When I got close to home I noticed no reflection in a vehicle ahead of me at a stoplight. All of the running lamps, and dash lights were on. I hit the high beams, and they work just fine. Cycle back to low beams, and there is nothing.

I looked for relays, but found none. I did a search here, and it sounds like it's all in the switch, no relay.

Now it is possible both low beams burnt out, I have not checked this yet, but doubtful, I will check tonight when I get home.

I noticed one thread while searching that did relate to this symptom, he had a corroded wire on the C102 connector, not sure exactly where this is, but I am sure I will find it in a shop manual when I purchase one tonight.

Any other thoughts? Is there more than one ciurcuit breaker in the switch, like one for high, and one for low?

I am inclined to think it's a bad bright light switch. That's located on top of the steering column down near the brake pedal. Time to break out the voltmeter and lay on your back a bit......

Back