• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody run these meats?

MoulderXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting my tax return back in a few weeks, and I am getting some new tires. Anybody ever run the super swamper TRXUS STS Radial tire? I will be staying ON Road 90 percent of the time. THey look cool as hell and I hear they arent as loud as some tires. Just wanted to know what yall thought about it. Also, what kind of tread life do they get? Appreciate it...

I don't know much about the STS, but I have the Trxus MT's in the 34" flavor, and they are awesome. They are a lot quiter than my wife's 33" MT/R's. They are siped very well, and they have done very well for me in rain, snow, mud and rocks. They clean out excellent in the mud due to the tiered lugs, instead of the flat walled lugs of other MT's. They have long lugs on the sidewall as well.
fc15d0a7.jpg

fbc16e0c.jpg

fa1226ec.jpg

GottaBeJeep said:
I don't know much about the STS, but I have the Trxus MT's in the 34" flavor, and they are awesome. They are a lot quiter than my wife's 33" MT/R's. They are siped very well, and they have done very well for me in rain, snow, mud and rocks. They clean out excellent in the mud due to the tiered lugs, instead of the flat walled lugs of other MT's. They have long lugs on the sidewall as well.
fc15d0a7.jpg

fbc16e0c.jpg

fa1226ec.jpg

how much did those run you??

About $170 each (times 5 tires :eek: ) for 34x12.50's after mounting and balancing.

GottaBeJeep said:
About $170 each (times 5 tires :eek: ) for 34x12.50's after mounting and balancing.
Where did you get that price from?
The cheapest I've been able to find is $194 a piece from 4WP.

MoulderXJ said:
I am getting my tax return back in a few weeks, and I am getting some new tires. Anybody ever run the super swamper TRXUS STS Radial tire? I will be staying ON Road 90 percent of the time. THey look cool as hell and I hear they arent as loud as some tires. Just wanted to know what yall thought about it. Also, what kind of tread life do they get? Appreciate it...

A guy in my club runs 32" ones. They seem to do alright but I'd still go with a MT. Everyone I've talked to running the MTs love them.

Whats the milage rating on those? I've been eye-ing them too, but at $200 a pop, I can't afford a 30,000 mile tire.

RacerXJ said:
Whats the milage rating on those? I've been eye-ing them too, but at $200 a pop, I can't afford a 30,000 mile tire.

I have a set of 31" TrXus MTs that I stopped using on the road due to wear. Expect about 30K miles from them.

--Matt

gmanxj said:
Where did you get that price from?
The cheapest I've been able to find is $194 a piece from 4WP.

I was looking at them, too. I found them at www.4x4connection.com. They list the price for 35's at $185, I haven't called them yet to see how much the 34's are. Not pluggin anyone, just letting you know what I saw.

I have 33" TRXUS MT's. Love em on my daily driver. I have read numerous tests of the TRXUS AT and MT side by side. The MT's are supposedly quieter than the AT's. Mine barely hum at all, hardly even noticeable. If you look at both side by side, the MT is a lot better looking IMHO. It looks the part of a Mud tire, but has great road characteristics. I haven't found a fault yet. BTW, make sure you shop around, I got mine for around 125 a piece.

My wife got her 31 truxus mt's cause our friends 33" truxus mts were so quiet on his yota, her 31's turned out to be noticably louder than the 33's. Hmmmm...truxus mt's have performed super well everywhere we've tried them. Our buddy had 17k on his with out seeing a lot of wear.

CStamm said:
I have 33" TRXUS MT's. Love em on my daily driver. I have read numerous tests of the TRXUS AT and MT side by side. The MT's are supposedly quieter than the AT's. Mine barely hum at all, hardly even noticeable. If you look at both side by side, the MT is a lot better looking IMHO. It looks the part of a Mud tire, but has great road characteristics. I haven't found a fault yet. BTW, make sure you shop around, I got mine for around 125 a piece.

Yeah, they are much better looking! I love these tires too!

Scott

Back