• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can You Get a Reciever Hitch for XJs at Wal-Mart???

jeepguy97

NAXJA Forum User
Can you get a reciever hitch for XJs at Wal-Mart. I checked the local one but its not a Supercenter and they didn't have them. They said to try a Supercenter so I guess I will tommorow. Has anyone got a hitch there?

I live equi-distant from thre different Wal-Marts, none of them super centers. They ALL carry the Reese universal receiver hitch that's for the XJ. It also fits about 75 other vehicles, so you have to read the full listing on the side of the box.

I bought one from Wal-Mart last year for the Montana-mobile. I think it was $109.

(I found most of the parts and put them in one place. Be in touch next week.)

BTW -- Did you acttually LOOK at Wal-Mart, or ask? If you asked, shame on you. The people who work there are worse than morons. I once stood there and watched while a guy filled up the Castrol section of the shelf with Valvoline oil, in a different viscosity than what should have been there.

"Excuse me, but ... why are you putting Valvoline on the Castrol shelf? Are they the same price?"

" ..... Wha?"

I got mine from WallyWorld...yup...about 110 bucks...took about an hour to install...kinda close on the tailpipe side...

buy it from wal-mart if you don`t care how it fits or whether it`s all complete.......the big companys that sell to wal mart have a tendancy to send the bottom of the barrel items to wal mart........
wally world is so large they do not have a good quality check on their inventory, also if somebody bought a hitch used it for a weekend then decided to bring it back (minus the directions or maybe a bolt or two) the stockpersons would tape the snot out of the box then throw it back on the shelf.........
tires are worse...my dad bought a set of goodyears for his f-150 ......two weeks later after four attempts to balance them he finally returned them and went to a small tire store and bought another set........
you may save a few dollars ......
my advice is to buy from the local parts store(you know the guy who has been selling auto parts for the last fifty years) they need the business worse than the big stores do.........
you may pay $10.00 more....but if the little guy goes out of business(as many small hometown companys have because of the monopoly the big guys have )you wont have any one who cares about the little details or quality of the parts they sell.......
sorry for rambling but i hate the wal type stores......think of the stores they and their loyal mindless shoppers have put under....

Bought mine at Wal-Mart. About $100 2 years ago. If the store has a tire shop they can order Reese hitchs. I ordered mine got it in a week and no parts missing. I didn't like the "universal" one the store carried. Mine fits great close to tailpipe but never been a problem.

Were not all Morons. :mad:

But we do attract our fair share. :exclamati

I had some pics done 1-hour at Wal-Mart this afternoon, so I wandered around while waiting. The store I was in (not a super center) had about 6 of the universal hitches in stock. Reese "Towpower" #37042. $109.99

Yes, it does hang down a bit farther than some others. I once bought a Hidden Hitch from JC Whitney, and that one tucks up very nicely. Not sire, but I think U-Haul's hitches are made by Hidden Hitch, but their price will be quite a bit more than Wally World's.

Back