• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Towing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggene

NAXJA Forum User
Ok all. I have a 92 Cherokee stock motor and tranny and I want to know if this is ok to tow a horse trailer with, nothing huge, probably 3000 to 4000 lbs total weight. I am planning on adding an aux tranny cooler, but dont know if I need to add anything else or not.Any questions or comments are very, very welcome.

Thanks,
Gene

How big are the horses ?? or is that total weight ?? Couple of clydesdales and you are in big trouble... Kidding aside, for something that heavy I would want aux brakes on the trailer, from what I remember the auto tranny is rated class III while the stick tranny is only rated class II and thats provided you have the factory towing package with the heavier radiator that is supposed to come in that package but I think you get the HD factory radiator with A/C also, just no tranny cooler...

Actually, you only get the HD Modine two row with the tow package and the Up Country suspension package. My 95 Country has AC and came with a single row and I had to replace it with a two row Modine.

Other than that, I agree with the previous post. The XJs CAN pull that much weight when properly equipped, but I wouldn't want to do it very often with that short of a wheelbase. :cool:

Please do not post the same question in multiple forums. It only dilutes the responses.

This question is more of an OEM question so I'll leave it active there. This thread is closed. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back