• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch paint opinions

jeo

NAXJA Forum User
Just looking for opinions on an idea. I'm thinking of painting my Warn X8000i with bedliner for two reasons. The paint on it now is almost non-existant and peeling off rapidly and to match my front winch bumper. I've never seen it done before. What do you guys think?

Go Patriot Blue or Go Home!

Seriously though, what do YOU think? Do it if you want to!

I don't know how hot winches actaully get or if the bedliner can handle it. Might be an issue.

Ok. I agree that it would probably retain more heat, but since I use a thin spray on bedliner stuff, would it heat up enough to cause damage to the winch?

From the treatment of a couple winches I saw at Moab last fall, I'd be more into clamping some sort of heat-sink to the motor & maybe a fan :dunno: I sure wouldn't coat it with black goo.

Goo is heavy, spraypaint is light.

Just to update anyone who was interested, I painted a light coat of rattle can bedliner over the winch and made up a heat sink for it. Seems to work well so far.

Back