• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 non HO in decent shape...ASAP

trouble1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 88 XJ with what appears to be a shot motor...I'm travelling with 400 more miles to go, so I REALLY need it in a hurry. Thanks, Dave

PS...I'm in FL for right now...but willing to travel for this as it seems to be important part of the jeep

Last edited:
I have a 258 block with around 60,000 on it with a HO head with the proper water jackets filled. It's a brand new head. I got it when I bought my XJ, but I bought a new engine and had it stroked out to a 4.7. I have nothing to put it in and it's just collecting dust in my garage. You'd have to mate the block and head and throw on all your own parts, but it was built for a 90 Xj, so it will be a direct swap. I've heard really good things about this convertion but, had a chance to do the 4.7 and now it just sits there. PM me if you want to talk about it. I'll give ya a great deal if you just get it out of my garage. :wierd:

I have what your looking for. But.. it's in Grand Junction Colorado. The motor is out of an 88, and ran well when pulled. I beleive it has around 130,000 miles. I even have the AW4 trans still attatched. Would like to get $300 for the motor, and $400 for the trans. Shipping would be your dime from 81521.

Last edited:
logdog said:
I have what your looking for. But.. it's in Grand Junction Colorado. The motor is out of an 88, and ran well when pulled. I beleive it has around 130,000 miles. I even have the AW4 trans still attatched. Would like to get $300 for the motor, and $400 for the trans. Shipping would be your dime from 81521.
sorry it took me so long to get back to you...I've already got one locally....but I appreciate it.

Back