• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to buy a Modine 2-row Radiator?

Try 1800radiators.com or radiators.com or radiator.com. They all compete w/one another and their prices seem good. I think I saw a 2-row modine for an XJ for something like $109 last year. They'll even do next day shipping if it's an emergency.

Joe said:
I need to order a Modine 2-row radiator and need to help? Where is the best place to buy it?

Joe

Is that the same as factory? I looked at my radiator not too long ago and noticed its Modine.

AFAIK the factory radiator still uses ("used" until 2001) plastic tanks. I don't trust 'em. I've been told Modine makes a direct replacement with metal tanks. I think that's far better if available.

I've run 2 of 1800radiators 3 row GDI's with two different motors and the quality is great. No plastic and you can't beat the price.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

I just got mine last week from radiatorbarn.com and was very impressed with shipping and everything. It took 1 day to get my radiator in Ala from Florida, I know kinda close but it also came with free lifetime warranty and free shipping. total was around 160.

i know dirk at dpg has modine radiators, and he also has 3 row hd csf radiators. i just installed a csf a week ago and i'm happy so far. they are 165 shipped. not too bad.

biggene,

I was also looking at radiatorbarn.com and found the CSF 3row for $156 shipped to my door and $120 modine 2row shipped to my door. Which one did you get?

Joe

biggene said:
I just got mine last week from radiatorbarn.com and was very impressed with shipping and everything. It took 1 day to get my radiator in Ala from Florida, I know kinda close but it also came with free lifetime warranty and free shipping. total was around 160.

Get the two rows, the tubes are bigger then the tree row. The two radiators are the same thickness, the 3 row just has smaller tubes which clog up easily and don't flow fluid as fast as the 2 row.

i look into the 3 row at radiatorbarn and its thicker than a two row with bigger tubes

Ok, well I do know the GDI 3 row tubes are 1/4" while the Modine 2 rows are 5/8". That a huge difference. I rather have larger tubes as they won't clog up as eaisly and they will have a greater flow volume.

Weasel said:
Ok, well I do know the GDI 3 row tubes are 1/4" while the Modine 2 rows are 5/8". That a huge difference. I rather have larger tubes as they won't clog up as eaisly and they will have a greater flow volume.

Fully agree with you. I need to get a copy of the radiator build book my buddy showed me when I had radiator issues. It shows the core is the same size between the 2 and 3 rows but tubes are smaller on the 3 row as you said. They do clog up faster and thus require more maintenance. Rodded my factiry 2 row modine and was problem free after that.

Back