• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper fluid coming out when at angles

jammerjamesharmon said:
Has anyone figured out a way to stop the washer fluid from coming out of the spray nozzels when the vehicle is at angles. Both front and back do it.

james
http://geocities.com/jammerjamesharmon/

Take a sewing needle or pin the same diameter as the hole in the nozzle and stick it in. BE CAREFUL you don't want to push the needle so far in that it alters the original diameter, b/c that can alter the spray pattern. In my case it was caked up dirt that the car washes missed, so I used my wife's toothbrush to scrub it off.

Get up the hill quicker! :D

I might try a one way aquarium air valve. The valve has a rubber one way 'boot' in it. You would mount it IN THE DIRECTION of the valve through the 'boot'. The washer pump has more than enough pressure to push through the valve but the rubber (should) have enough tension to prevent a gravity feed or syphon.

I haven't tried this yet myself other than on my fish tank. Hopefully it works.

I thought about the aquarium one way valve also, but I think what I'm going to do is just put shut off valves on the lines right where they come out of the washer fluid container. I'm getting sick of people telling me I'm leaking.

Back