• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This should go with out saying...

seanR

Want to puff on my pipe?
NAXJA Member
To day I was giving my Jeep a onceover before the big Mudfest, I found that the bolt on the lower end of the trackbar was missing it's nut. I am glad I gave it a look before we hit the trail.

Just a reminder, a little inspection now will save you, and everyone else some trouble on the trail.

:soapbox:

Thats all.

:eek: YIKES! That'll put the fear o' Gawd in ya!

Do you have that goofy little staked bracket? I have a couple of spares...... :D

M.o.

I was putting on longer front brake lines and long travel shocks, and, of course, I dropped below the Mendoza line right away.
Broke off both drivers side upper shock bolts, and have a bleeder that won't come out and is keeping air in the caliper.
Got the bolts out and retapped to 8.25 metric, to match the rear axle, of course.
Popped out a shock bushing on the rear, and then proceeded to put a flat blade screwdriver through the skin between my thumb and my index finger trying to get it back into the shock.
Big fun there.
Runs fine, just need to bleed the system after work tomorrow.
Bled myself performing the above.
The Hammer and Sickle needs cataract meds.
Can't wait boys, I need this bad.
Hasta.

Last edited:
I can't believe that for once in my 4wheelin' career that I don't HAVE to fix anything. Although, it doesn't feel right, so I'm going to tear the whole front end apart tonight. See if I can figure out why I have no front brakes.

OneTonXJ said:
I can't believe that for once in my 4wheelin' career that I don't HAVE to fix anything. Although, it doesn't feel right, so I'm going to tear the whole front end apart tonight. See if I can figure out why I have no front brakes.

no doubt!

The only thing I had to do, which I did earlier this week was re-rtv the t-case speedo housing and output shaft.

big deal, took an hour....

otherwise, I didn't do jack.......

packed the dodge last night, have to build a jig here at home, bring it work to test it out, then I'm up and out.

OneTonXJ said:
stop by the sticker shop yet :wierd:

Not YOR stickershop.

our winterfest stickerman can help us....

we gotta find another outlet.

good things come to those who wait....

(where have i heard that before)

where's my boring tool........TOOL.

Last night I replaced my (to be PC) monkey rigged rear brake line with the SS one that has been back ordered. This morining I get to the shop to move my junk out of the way so the guys can work and I leave a trail of break fluid behind me. I hook up the trailer to the new tow rig and no lights. :doh:

I guess that is part of the fun, right? :party:

See ya tomarrow about noon. :cheers:

Back