• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jks disconnects

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
i plan on ordering a set of the quicker disconnects in a day or so.......my question is who has the best price on them?
rusty`s has them for $122.00

also i plan on trying to make a set for the rear........how strong do they need to be.......

i thought of cutting the stock links and slipping a 4" piece of 3/8 or 1/2 inch pipe over the end, drilling them and using a couple of pins to hold them together......any thought or cautions before i try this.....thanks

oh yeah its a `99 xj with 4 1/2" best i can guess......the rusty`s lift went a little over..........but it does ride smoother than stock

That is a good price!

I wouldn't bother making them for the rear. Unless you have a larger lift with full springs the rear SB won't limit the travel that much at all under good flex. It is not that large of a bar. If you have new spring packs in the back you might want to try it with no rear sway bar. Most full packs increase the spring rate enough to out perform the SB actions.

mark

Remove the rear sway bar, you won't notice the difference. For some reason if you don't like it removed you can put it back on. I bought rusty's kit last summer and I could upgrade to include the jks discos for only $95 more. I checked out his website today and that is not listed anymore but you might want to ask just to see since you bought the lift from him.

4x4groupbuy.com had them for $118 when I got my lift.

lose the rear SB DEFINATELY KEEP THE FRONT!

I have the JKS discos on the front and love them the rear is a waste of time. I can tell right away when there not on! 1 drawback, I had to make brakets for them to stay up and out of the way when I'm wheeling. They kept dropping into the suspension when it was cycling.

I paid $109.00 from Rustys about a year ago.

Rabbit

We just put a set on one of the TJ's to replace a broken stock piece. Man they are nice, got them from rusty, $135 with overnite shipping.

i've bought one pair here on :NAXJA: for $60 and another pair on yahoo socalxj for $60. there were both in great shape keep looking and you might find a pair.

joe

xjhm said:
i plan on ordering a set of the quicker disconnects in a day or so.......my question is who has the best price on them?
rusty`s has them for $122.00

also i plan on trying to make a set for the rear........how strong do they need to be.......

i thought of cutting the stock links and slipping a 4" piece of 3/8 or 1/2 inch pipe over the end, drilling them and using a couple of pins to hold them together......any thought or cautions before i try this.....thanks

oh yeah its a `99 xj with 4 1/2" best i can guess......the rusty`s lift went a little over..........but it does ride smoother than stock

Back