• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What year doors will fit my "new" 1994 XJ

Turtle

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 94 with a badly rusted passenger door, the rest of the it looks great.

What I would like to do is get another door in the same color, and trim. I have a four door sport, from what I can tell it looks like the 1993-1996 Sports have the same trim package.

Are these years all interchangable? If not what years are?

Here is a picture of the door
Jeepb.jpg

And a better side
Jeep.jpg

It's a 5 speed with no power options to break. 168,xxx miles, paid $1600.

Any year door from an xj will fit that one. They are all the same. They will just have different trim levels and or window/mirror setups on the 97 and newer ones.

All the trims also enterchange up to 96 nad then 97+ are different trim.

mark

Somewhere right around '94 or '95 they changed the door latch mechanism. The catch on the early style is a single post on the door jamb. The newer style is a square 'U' shaped catch.

The doors should interchange from any year, but you may have to move the latch mechanism from your old door to the "new" door to match up with the style used in your vehicle.

I'm sure you can find a '94 door somewhere close to "Up Nort MN." I mean you have the chance of finding one in 123,391 of the XJ's made that year.

Back