• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj belly skid??

Bentonedge

NAXJA Forum User
i am planning my front and rear long arm lift and wnat ot knwo if any one has done a full under bell skid? i was planning on tying my link mounts on to it. like fabtech style kinda.

The only one I have ever seen was Marc Bowers navy blue XJ (former ARB tech); he sold the jeep (to another guy at ARB IIRC) a while back but it was a sheet of 1/4" that had 1" square welded to the back sides in a grid - mounted to the frame rails it covered most everything from the oil pan back to the rear spring hangers - big old notches for the drivelines...

It looked like a major PITA to make and install but worked great (other than a bunch of heat issues :rolleyes: )

Best fully coverage I'd seen - especially circa 1996 XJ stuff!!!

Matt

any one know of a pic of that belly up over at ARB. I'm working on one right now that will run frame rail to frame rail oil pan to the back of the t-case. Don't want to cover the muffler, heat and what not as well as the driveshaft space. Just would be cool to see something like that. Juice

I was checking out Dan Starc's rig at Moab. He's got a full belly skid under his rig. I didn't ask him about any issues such as heat retention, but it looked like it worked great from the scratches all over it.

I ordered one from Skid row. Still waiting to install it as UPS lost one of the brackets in transit. it covers from the crossmember to the front of the oil pan and is made from 3/16" steel with a 1/2" steel hoop that goes over the driveshaft.

Back