• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Amber Front Parking Lights

martin

NAXJA Forum User
Over the weekend I was changing burnt out bulbs on my XJ. I noticed my front turn signals just did not look as amber as I though they should. Recall someone on here having an XJ with amber turn signal/parking light lenses. I did some research and found the part numbers.

I called my local Jeep dealer and asked if the numbers were good. He told me yes they are but they run $30, you can get new clear ones from Quadratec for $10. I decided to buy the amber ones anyway so I had him order a pair for me. The parts guy said there were plenty in stock but they will come out of Detroit. I am use to hearing "That will come from Milwaukee" when I order parts at the dealer.

Evidenlty the north American XJ/MJ had clear lense parking lamps with amber bulbs while the export/European version had amber lense. They used the same parking light/turn signal from 84 to 96. If any of you are interested in the amber lense conversion here are the part numbers:

Parking lamp (Rt.) 5600 0098
Parking lamp (Lt.) 5600 0099
Parking lamp (Rt.) Europe 5600 0852
Parking lamp (Lt.) Europe 5600 0853

Martin --

That's great info. I recall hearing once that the European models had amber lenses but I'd forgotten about it. I'm surprised that you can actually order them, though, because in the past when I have tried to order "export" parts the system rejects the order if it's from a U.S. dealer.

I think I'll follow up on that. Maybe go to Crown and get a pair of the true European-spec (not "Euro-style) taillights to match.

I would still like to find the euro version of the XJ's back seat, they have built in headrests.... Hmmm, just remembered the wife, daughter and MIL are going to europe this summer, I wonder, might start breaking the daughter in between now and then with a few walk around trips to some local bone yards and a trip to Harrys....

To avoid any confusion I posted the "clear" lens and the "amber" lens part numbers. Do not think all 4 part numbers are for amber lens assemblies.

martin said:
To avoid any confusion I posted the "clear" lens and the "amber" lens part numbers. Do not think all 4 part numbers are for amber lens assemblies.

Yeah, the ones you called out as "Europe" are the amber, correct?

www.4wd.com carries the amber lights as well.

http://www.4wd.com/shopcherokee/Pro...ightingElectrical&SubCategory=Light Kits&pg=6

http://www.4wd.com/shopcherokee/DisplayProduct.asp?ProductSKU=55055143

55055142.jpg

Eagle, yes the European P/Ns are the amber ones. I hope I'll have mine on Friday and I'll be able to comment on them. Also the ones from the 4wd web site are for the 97 and later XJs. It a different assembly, the 84-96 use one style of assembly the 97-01 use the one XJ91 linked.

Last edited:
I know this is resurrecting quite an old thread but I need help finding clear lenses to replace my amber ones (I am in Europe with a Europe spec XJ). No-one in Europe sells them.

Does anyone know where to get them? Quadratec have them on there buy there picture looks like different lights to mine - Mine's a '95 XJ. Maybe it's just their library pic...??

Does anyone who was posting here have a set of clear ones left over no that they have changed to amber who would want to sell them to me?

Thanks

Back