• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque Converter Relay

Wiley Coyote

NAXJA Forum User
Is anyone using the Hesco Torque Converter Relay Package?

http://www.hescosc.com/HES8790TCR.html

I was wondering if it actually worked. Better yet, if anyone had plans or instructions on how to build it yourself. It’s billed as something that is spliced into the wiring going to the power – comfort switch, behind the dash. I figure that it has to be something simple like a resistor or potentiometer. I’d rather not pay Hesco the $80 for something simple if I can make it myself :laugh3:

It's not the HESCO kit, but do a lookup for thread with a similar title. There's been a few about wiring up manual control of the transmission, in short, you can turn off the ECU and control the transmission manually. I dunno if thats what you want, but one of the mods is manual control of the torque convertor lockup.

HTH
Chris

Chris, Thanks for the info, but that’s not quite what I’m looking for. I’ve followed the “push button / manual control” transmission thread with great interest and would like to build one some day. Right now, what I’m interested in is raising the stall speed of the torque converter. Supposedly the Hesco kit will raise the stall speed a couple of hundred rpms and allow you to hold in a given gear longer. This would be a real boon for towing or going up long steep hills. The kit splices into the “power / comfort” switch and has to be pretty simple. I’m just looking for someone that uses or has seen the kit and can tell me how to duplicate it.

Back