• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring troubleshooting help

rockethound

NAXJA Forum User
My auto door locks aren't working. Jeepman600 hooked me up with a wiring diagram (thanks dude!!) and i changed the breaker for the locks and they still don't work. None of them. so....

Where do i start looking from here, and how do i start looking.

Thanks

Time to play detective. Do you own a Volt-Ohm-Meter? If not, buy one at Radio Shack for $15. Now dig out the wiring diagrams, and open up the drivers door, and get to the connectors attached to the door lock switch. Start checking for 12 Volts on the wires that feed power to the switch. If you don't have 12V at the switch, you have problems between the switch and the fuse block.

If you have 12V at the switch, then check the wires leading away from the switch, and actuate the switch. Do you still have 12V on those wires? If not, you have a bad swtich. If yes, then it's time to check the individual actuators for the locks, starting with the one in the drivers' door.

It's all a matter of working your way through the circuit, one step at a time. It's tedious, but that's the way a technician would do it, and he'd charge you $65 per hour to find the problem :D

Back