• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone interested in a write-up on Warn FF install?

THE_OWL

NAXJA Forum User
I am just now getting around to putting my Warn D44 Full Float 5 on 5.5" kit in my D44 XJ. It is designed for a TJ, and not an XJ. And it doesnt bolt in. I did the Disc brake conversion with it, which uses GM metric Calipers, CJ front rotors and has provisions for Parking Brake.
But if theres some interest Ill document what I learned, what I reccomend, and what custom stuff I had to do. As far as I can tell, this is about as stout as you can go in a D44 before moving up to a D60. And its a disc brake upgrade too.

I'm interested in this as well.

I was planning on putting in a FF kit on a Scout D44 and swapping that as a work around for no kit for the XJ D44...but would be really interested in your set up.

r@m

BTT

Anything ever come of this?

r@m

I think they scared him off a long time ago---------Kyle

offroadman83 said:
I think they scared him off a long time ago---------Kyle
Yes, I know. I was hoping he'd be able to share the info anyway. I dunno what went down - don't really care either. He had some good ideas. I copied his GPS hardware config - now if I could just get gpsdrive to recognize the serial device.

I just care about the tech. :)

r@m

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Back