• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Mountain Chapter: Colorado

NAXJA: Rocky Mountain Chapter

• Yes

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • There is already a chapter that covers that

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
JohnJohn said:
Any interest in starting an official Rocky Mountian Chapter that would cover Colorado?

edit: I also posted this on the Coloroad-XJ List.

Yes. I have been talking to Grant Barclay about this. He is working on setting up a NAXJA event later this summer here in Colorado. I would be willing to help in any way to get a NAXJA here in Colorado.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

I'd go for it, now. A few years back I wasn't so enamored of the idea. The list isn't as much fun as it used to be. :)

Fred

It seems there are plenty of XJs in your state, so I hope it gets off the ground for you folks. If response is slow through this site, the CO list, etc, consider coordinating a gathering of CO XJers at the NAXJA CO event later this year to discuss the feasibility, interest, get names & email addys, and to set a date for an initial meeting to launch it. Best of luck in setting up the Chapter.

BTW, Rocky Mountain Chapter sounds a little to close to Intermountain Chapter. Maybe change it to 2nd Place Chapter? :roflmao: Sorry, couldn't resist!

Kejtar said:
http://home.socal.rr.com/remi/pics/ha.gif Oh that is a good one :)

Wow... it looks like there is 35 of you guys in CO?? That's quite a few :D

Tom, errr.

Who says Intermountain anyway. I've never heard an East Coaster say "Hey guys lets go out West this year and ski the 'Intermountains'. SWEET DUDE." just jokin :loveu:

I know it's not a true gauge but we have over 400 members in the Colorado-XJ list alone. I think we are looking at over 50 easy, I say that with only 4 names so far. :twak: Since it's Rocky Mountain we could include WY and Hinkley could be our mascot. :D

As a Director of NAXJA I'm all in favor of seeing members start chapters.

As a Director of NAXJA, I would be opposed to a chapter covering Colorado calling itself the Rocky Mountain Chapter. The Rockies run from New Mexico all the way to Canada. If you want to be a Colorado chapter, that's what you should call it.

JMHO

I'm definitely IN! Let's get this rollin'! I would love to see our own forum section so that I can keep in better touch with the Colorado folks.

I'm more pumped up about starting a Colorado Chapter now more than ever - especially after all of this crap in dealing with that New York member/wannabe vendor gone bad.

I'm with Eagle on his statement as well. Rocky Mountain Chapter is too wide of a scope. Let's simply keep it Colorado.

Guess I'll go read up on what's posted here about starting a chapter and see what I can do to help!

I am interested too. It sure would be a good idea with the CO NAXJA event coming up in August.

The CO-XJ list sucks compared to 5 years ago, guess that's the reality of the list growing so large.

Grant

This is nice to see.

I'm totally in on calling it the Colorado Chapter. I think we will have more than enough folks to get this started. I even have about 5-10 non NAXJA members that are willing to join NAXJA if we have a Colorado Chapter.

Now someone else needs to take the ball and run with it here. I am more than willing to support this with time and effort, however with me being a Vendor and all, I remember seing something against that. If this is true, who's up for it?

John John

I don't see a problem with you being both a Jeep parts vendor and being involved with a prospective CO Chapter (at whatever level of participation you feel comfortable.)

Anyone with q?s feel free to PM, email, or call...

Thanks & keep up the good work

The so called "Intermountain chapter" is misnamed, it should be called the Great Basin chapter, since Utah is west of the Continental Divide and east of the Sierra Nevadas. :bs:

Fred

Fred said:
The so called "Intermountain chapter" is misnamed, it should be called the Great Basin chapter, since Utah is west of the Continental Divide and east of the Sierra Nevadas. :bs:

Fred
Hey Fred,

That would be true is it was a Utah-only chapter, to which it is not. BTW, Great Basin came up as one of the prospective names for our chapter.

I think Grant was wanting to do this and was working towards cranking it up, but he is getting busy with his racing. If he doesn't want to do it, I can put some serious effort and resources towards a Colorado/Mountain States NAXJA, but I don't want to step on any toes if there were others who have been working on this. I know that Grant is planning on working the NAXJA event this summer. All I want is to get things going and will simply help in the background if that is what it takes, but if more is needed, I can do what ever is necessary.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

Tom R. said:
Hey Fred,

That would be true is it was a Utah-only chapter, to which it is not. BTW, Great Basin came up as one of the prospective names for our chapter.
AHA, so you admit you are poaching our members from east of the Continental Divide. :lecture:
It was a joke, Tom. Do we need to go get a couple of beers? :)
I was halfway thinking of joining the intermountain chapter, anyway. That way I could webwheel Moab all the time. :cheers:

Fred

Fred said:
AHA, so you admit you are poaching our members from east of the Continental Divide. :lecture:
It was a joke, Tom. Do we need to go get a couple of beers? :)
I was halfway thinking of joining the intermountain chapter, anyway. That way I could webwheel Moab all the time. :cheers:

Fred
Heh heh, poaching :clap:

Yep, when you finally make it to Moab this October I'll buy you a couple.

Tom R. said:
Heh heh, poaching :clap:

Yep, when you finally make it to Moab this October I'll buy you a couple.

I hope, the piece of junk barely made it to Castle Rock last week. If I get a job so I can afford to fix it, probably won't be able to get the time off. It's a dilemma. :bawl:

Besides, I think I want to go to Bonnaroo. :laugh2:

Fred

Back