• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did He say Hiem Joint Linkage?

mn_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Love the coil Discussion, :clap: That Inspired this non-Hijacking thread Question :scottm:

What is the "way Id do It now" GOAL: 33"Tires on 97+ Body style (Hack saw friendly attitude) Drop brackets vs. LA vs. (?) :rattle: yep I've searched
Ben

Without hacking your fenders too much i would say that you have to go at least to 6" of lift. If you do a short arm, short arm with drop brackets, mid arm or long arm depends on your fabbing skills or money you're wiling to drop in. I would advise to get the RE 5.5 Extreme Duty which comes with the drop brackets unless you will do some serious wheelin' but then you won't stay at 33s :laugh:

I think that was the most uncoordinated post in the world...I have no idea what the hell you're asking. First I'm thinking steering, then custom coil suspensions, then for trimming to fit 33's then a drop bracket vs. long arm debate.....wtf?

XJoachim said:
Without hacking your fenders too much i would say that you have to go at least to 6" of lift. If you do a short arm, short arm with drop brackets, mid arm or long arm depends on your fabbing skills or money you're wiling to drop in. I would advise to get the RE 5.5 Extreme Duty which comes with the drop brackets unless you will do some serious wheelin' but then you won't stay at 33s :laugh:

What do you mean you won't stay at 33's if you want to do serious wheeling? :)

I think the RE 5.5 Extreme Duty with the drop brackets is a very good way to go, and most trails can be run with 33's. If it can be run without a buggy, it can be run with 33's. I stuck with 33's until two years ago and ran all the hard trails in the west. On our Best of the West trips, we've run trails like Axle Alley, Sledgehammer, Outer Limits, Die Trying, etc., and a number of the guys are running 33's. Jes, Mil, Eric, Rick, Sean, Dan, Andy, Jeff, all have run BOTW with 33's.

Sorry if that was a confusing question. I want to run 33 in tires And have room for them to work. I have a 97+ body style That I am not afraid to cut. Having gone through the experience you have, How would you go about doing this?

A Drop brackets (The route I think I will go)
B Long arms (ground clearance Debate)
C other such as "j" arms or mid arms

I hate drop brackets. Getting the materials now to get rid of them. They hit, drag, bang on everything. I would much rather get rid of those huge brackets and have some smooth CA's to slide over stuff. I would highly recommend getting other CA's, longer than stock, and tucked up in the frame rail. Just forget about them in my opinion.

Back