• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tubing bender question

JJ13

NAXJA Forum User
Got my JD2 model 3 the other day. It came with an "H" shaped piece. It was not listed in the directions anywhere, and I don't see what the heck the thing is for. Someone clue me in plz. It is 2 1/2" x2" with 3/16th ears.

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=508501113103&page=1&sort_order=0

or if that link doesn't work , copy the url from the red x below and paste it into your adress bar (ofoto never works right for me)
418105873103_0_ALB.jpg

Yes the 3rd picture...that came with my bender. I only purchased a 1" square die, so it may have something to do with the square setup, but I am at a loss for what. Also, does the followbar on your dies "float" on the pin??? Mine does not line up with the die otherwise.

Ya, no idea!
Is that thing solid?

I can't see your other pics.

1" square, what are you going to be building. If you get something bent post some pics, I have always wondered how their square dies did.

mark

JJ13 said:
Yes the 3rd picture...that came with my bender. I only purchased a 1" square die, so it may have something to do with the square setup, but I am at a loss for what. Also, does the followbar on your dies "float" on the pin??? Mine does not line up with the die otherwise.
Yup it does float. Just have to lift it a little when inserting the tubing, thought about getting some washers for it, but I got over it, never bought square dies so I could not answer that one

Mark Hinkley said:
Ya, no idea!
Is that thing solid?

I can't see your other pics.

1" square, what are you going to be building. If you get something bent post some pics, I have always wondered how their square dies did.

mark
yes it is solid, looks like they machined a recess in both sides of a long chunk of solid stock and then cut this sliver off with a bandsaw in need of a new blade.

I am gonna build some racks and some other stuff. Thinking of a plan for some patio furniture for the new place I am buying soon. That way my wife won't bitch as much about the time I spend out in the shop. ;)

I will let ya know how the square bends...

Back