• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Clicking" from front axle

backinblack

NAXJA Forum User
On my 98 there was a clicking sound coming from the front axle, I found that th drivers side u joint had some play in it. I replaced both front u joints and the clicking is still there. This is heard only when driving. With front off the ground and turning everything by hand it seems smooth and no clicking. Tomorrow I will pull the diff cover to see how it looks in side. Any thoughts or ideas? The only thing I can think of is a carrier bearing or a spider gear with a missing tooth.

Ya, I had the rotors turned and new pads last week, I think it's the wheel bearing. I got a "new" one from the wrecking yard, I'll put it on today and see what happens. I just got this truck 2 weeks ago and everything was fine for the first week. Now as soon as I fix one thing something else goes south. Oh well, like they say Just Empty Every Pocket..............

Back