• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

***Dan Starc: Top Truck Challenge***

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Our own Dan Starc is entering Four Wheeler's Top Truck Challenge 2004. Here are more details from the man himself. BOD, can we get a sticky here? Thanks! - Phil

Dan wrote:

Hi Folks

Some of you may already know, but after years of avoiding this, I was finally convinced to enter my Cherokee in Four Wheeler Magazine's Top Truck Challenge 2004.

I know, no 44-inch tires, no chrome, no 24-inch lift, no shiny paintjob, no fancy 60K rig…still, it may have what it takes to compete.

I also happen to believe that the driver & crew may be a factor in the competition as well.

Sure enough, as soon as we entered Top Truck Challenge, the folks from Four Wheeler came up with a new competition better suited for us, called Real Truck Challenge…too late, we had already entered Top Truck. We don't care, we just want to compete.

And compete we will. I am determined to do very well or break a lot of parts trying. Either way, we will put on a decent show, I guarantee it.

My rig has been around for a while, I have competed in national rockcrawling events over the years (yes, in a Cherokee) and I have loaded it with a lot of the right stuff. A stroker-6, coolers for everyhting, 35-splines inner & outers, high pinion Dana 60s, beadlocks, skidplates, gears, etc, etc, I won't bore you with details, just know it works. Some of you have 'wheeled with me d know the rig's capabilities well.

I am just asking you to vote for us when you get your next copy of Four Wheeler Magazine, due out in a week or so. You have to cut out the page, fill it out with ten entrants of your choice, including us. Tell your friends. Buy extra nagazines. Call me or email me and ask me to send you a copy!

I was told we may be the only Cherokee in the competition this year, so this is a bigger incentive to get voted in and represent Cherokees everywhere!

You can see some pictures of my rig here:
http://www.wagoneers.com/XJ/rigs/DanStarc-89XJ/ALL2-pix.html
http://www.wagoneers.com/XJ/rigs/DanStarc-89XJ/ALL-pix.html
http://www.wagoneers.com/XJ/rigs/DanStarc-89XJ/DansXJ-Feb3-2004/ALLpix.html
This is a friend's website and he was nice enough to post them for me.

Please forward this email along to all your friends! Don't be shy.
Thanks for reading this, and if you also vote us in, double thanks!

Take care and hopefully you'll see us competing this year.

Sincerely,

Dan Starc
(206) 713-2222
[email protected]

got my vote. I'll pass the word around here in TN and KY also. Best of luck. My hero a cherokee in top truck :worship:

Got my vote too! :)

Is he a NAXJA Member by chance?
Got my vote.... but being a Member would be cool.
Glenn

ECKSJAY said:
Our own Dan Starc is entering Four Wheeler's Top Truck Challenge 2004. Here are more details from the man himself. BOD, can we get a sticky here? Thanks! - Phil

Dan wrote:

Hi Folks

Some of you may already know, but after years of avoiding this, I was finally convinced to enter my Cherokee in Four Wheeler Magazine's Top Truck Challenge 2004.

I know, no 44-inch tires, no chrome, no 24-inch lift, no shiny paintjob, no fancy 60K rig…still, it may have what it takes to compete.

I also happen to believe that the driver & crew may be a factor in the competition as well.

Sure enough, as soon as we entered Top Truck Challenge, the folks from Four Wheeler came up with a new competition better suited for us, called Real Truck Challenge…too late, we had already entered Top Truck. We don't care, we just want to compete.

And compete we will. I am determined to do very well or break a lot of parts trying. Either way, we will put on a decent show, I guarantee it.

My rig has been around for a while, I have competed in national rockcrawling events over the years (yes, in a Cherokee) and I have loaded it with a lot of the right stuff. A stroker-6, coolers for everyhting, 35-splines inner & outers, high pinion Dana 60s, beadlocks, skidplates, gears, etc, etc, I won't bore you with details, just know it works. Some of you have 'wheeled with me d know the rig's capabilities well.

I am just asking you to vote for us when you get your next copy of Four Wheeler Magazine, due out in a week or so. You have to cut out the page, fill it out with ten entrants of your choice, including us. Tell your friends. Buy extra nagazines. Call me or email me and ask me to send you a copy!

I was told we may be the only Cherokee in the competition this year, so this is a bigger incentive to get voted in and represent Cherokees everywhere!

You can see some pictures of my rig here:
http://www.wagoneers.com/XJ/rigs/DanStarc-89XJ/ALL2-pix.html
http://www.wagoneers.com/XJ/rigs/DanStarc-89XJ/ALL-pix.html
http://www.wagoneers.com/XJ/rigs/DanStarc-89XJ/DansXJ-Feb3-2004/ALLpix.html
This is a friend's website and he was nice enough to post them for me.

Please forward this email along to all your friends! Don't be shy.
Thanks for reading this, and if you also vote us in, double thanks!

Take care and hopefully you'll see us competing this year.

Sincerely,

Dan Starc
(206) 713-2222
[email protected]

Glenn said:
Is he a NAXJA Member by chance?
Got my vote.... but being a Member would be cool.
Glenn

Yep he sure is a NAXJA Member...he joined up just before attending our Moab event last fall. He is also one of the funnest dudes do be around I've had the pleasure of meeting. Truly a hot potato...

He's got my vote! (tho I'll have to go buy the magazine to do it)

woody said:
Yep he sure is a NAXJA Member...he joined up just before attending our Moab event last fall. He is also one of the funnest dudes do be around I've had the pleasure of meeting. Truly a hot potato...

He's got my vote! (tho I'll have to go buy the magazine to do it)
No doubt. Maybe he should have some NAXJA stickers on hand for the rig... just in case he wants to add even more class to it. ;)

I tell you, the dude needs to win just on the George Foreman grill alone. :chef:
I've never been wheeling with anybody else that can serve hot off the grill cheese burgers out in the middle of nowhere like Dan can. :clap:
Now if we could just him to carry some "garlic-infused olive oil". ;)

TRNDRVR said:
"garlic-infused olive oil". ;)

What kinda girlie man would bring that onto a trail? ;)

Dan has my vote. He doesn't frequent the forums much, but is a "founding member" of the NW Chapter. Send me some more stickers, he only lives a mile from me, I'll run over and plaster his Jeep with them. :D

Willis said:

Dan has my vote. He doesn't frequent the forums much, but is a "founding member" of the NW Chapter. Send me some more stickers, he only lives a mile from me, I'll run over and plaster his Jeep with them. :D

Hell I'll donate the paint and make stencils to paint it all over. ;) I'm sure he'd go for it. :D

Thanks for making this a sticky, BTW. We all appreciate it. I know Dan will do well and have a hell of a lot of fun trying. I've known Dan a while now and I'm rooting for him all the way. :D

OK, you got my vote :)
Btw, I think you should repost this on non-tech :) Definately one of our own deserves to be recognized.... especially if he has a George Foreman Grill in his rig :D

WOW Isn't that weird XJguy and Beezil agree on something.

dan has my vote of course

Willis said:
WTF? "girlie man"???
thefinger.gif

Didn't see you going hungry that day. :chef:
You know? Dan still flips me crap for that. :dunno:
Besides, I see absolutely nothing wrong with carrying a bottle of "garlic-infused olive oil" out on the trail. You never know when you might need to trade it for some "Grey Poupon". ;)

Dan. :D

Thanks for telling us about this...I'll be happy to help spread the word.

Dan's a good guy...he deserves the support.

John

What month do we vote, I've got a pile of the mags, not sure which its in..

Back