• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did Country Ed. have any suspension changes?

89TrailXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering, I have heard the Country Edition XJ's had a 2" lift factory. I got a set of front coils from one (1995 XJ Country), and they look just like the ones on my '89 Pioneer. Any help?

I believe that the up country ed. only lifted it about an inch. Not quite sure. But put them on, but measure before hand from the lip of the fender flare. to see if you got anything. I'm sure Eagle would know this better. I just went full out lift on mine. I do have some what were 3" superlift coils that sitting right next to the old stockers are only about 1/8" taller if that helps. Juice

I think you guys are confusing the upcountry suspension package with the Country edition. I have a country edition without the upcountry suspension package.

Atl XJ said:
I think you guys are confusing the upcountry suspension package with the Country edition. I have a country edition without the upcountry suspension package.

What he said.

The "Country Edition" was a trim level.

The "Up Country Package" was an off-road equipment group that included front, transfer case and gas tank skid plates, front and rear tow hooks, external tranny cooler (on automatics), higher rate springs that provide approximately 1" lift over "stock," and gas shocks.

Back