• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Look out guys, this could be bad for EVERYONE!

Mich88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Check out these links to this plan the (I have a limited vocabulary) government jerks are trying. Sounds to me like a lot of bovine scatology is going on. Everyone should call the people on this list and express their discontent.

Read Here

Call These People

Thanks, Christian

www.sos.mtu.edu/4x4

I didn't read the whole thing, but I don't see where the problem is. It looks to me like they want to prohibit driving cross country, which to me sounds like they don't want people blazing their own trails. I have no problem with that and believe that responsible use means staying on the official trail. It also looks like they do want to keep the OHVers happy, and are going to set up authorized trails for us to use. What did I miss?
Phil

Yeah, it is probably a difference in view that we have due to living in different areas of the country. I am up here in the U.P. of Michigan, and we actually don't have any designated 4 wheeling trails, but there are a lot of unofficial trails that are from old logging roads, and down powerline roads already in place. I am against blazing your own trails also. Our club goes out and grooms trails (cut away all the sticks that stick out too far) of unused logging roads from back in the day. If they plan on building a lot of OHV trails throughout the state then that would be awesome. All I know is that the Keeweenaw peninsula (your thumb if you turn your left hand sideways so that your palm faces you) is one of the most beautiful areas I have ever been in, and to see a lot of the sites you have to take trails cross country, so if they do do this, hopefully they will authorize these for use so that no one misses out on the beauty of it. I don't know, I advocate Tread Lightly to its full extent. I don't know, maybe I read it wrong, is this just for National Forests and Government land or what?

Yeah, I guess this is only for National Park land, but then I bet they will put their eye on state land. Apparently here in the U.P. they are going for a "Land is closed unless designated open" policy instead of how it is now which is the opposite of this. The problem up here is that most of the land is either state land or national park land, so I guess it seems worse to us than it does to you guys.

Back