• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

frontend vibration and noise

ayoikawa

NAXJA Forum User
lately noticing little vibration coming from the front end. also when I'm going above 60mph I hear grinding noise also, my 89 xj has been great for last 2 years and lot of milege put on, I'm thinking I need to work on my front end I'm suspencint the bearings might need replace all guru here can give me some ideas on where to check on front end etc, your help is really appriciated.
things that I know I need to replace are those:
steering gearbox (really loose steereing)
coil spring (passenger side had about inch or so broke off in bottom wihhc I found while I was doing the bendix sensor cleaning)
passenger side of the sway bar link rubber is warn and do see gap on it.

I hope one of those causing this problem but if there anyone had similer problem, let me know where they replaced, check.

just to let everyone know.

passenger side bearing shot, I replaced hub itself and steering gear box I also replaced. now quiet as it can be.... (and I got feeling that soon replacing hte driverside... and feels like pw steering pump might need to replace..
Good ting is I worked with mechanic friend of ine at his shop so my labor only cost me 100..... (lucky me)

Back