• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tube fenders

taco502

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone done something like this? I want to tie my bumper into my sliders, hog out my wheel openings, for protection as well as plate the tube then bolt/weld? to my body to act as a fender. I've seen them on CJ's and Cruizer's but would the unibody cause me some problems? flexing and such.

anyone with an exo probably has the elements of what you are looking for....

I guess you could collect exo-pics, and study the bottom half?

Bortons XJ

aac.sized.jpg

Man, that's exactly what I want my Jeep to look like one day. Do you know where I can find more pics of that Jeep. Sorry, I don't have any advice on the subject except that Tomken now makes an exo cage so you may be able to look at some of their pics for ideas.
Mike

I've alway's admired the way Matt integrated his flares into the exo.

Led said:
like this???
aec.jpg
That's super sweet! Whose rig is that and do you have more pics?

I did a bar to protect the Engine compartment and to support the A-pillar, I also helps support the front bumper..

I didnt see a need to run an additional bar to follow the fender. With the big 2in tube Ill probibly hit the tube before hitting the fender opening first any ways...

That yellow cherokee and borton's cherokee, if you really leaned aginst anything the hoop aorund the fender would jsut bend it, it would just bend near the welds and crush the fender.IMO

download.php

ashmanjeepxj said:
That yellow cherokee and borton's cherokee, if you really leaned aginst anything the hoop aorund the fender would jsut bend it, it would just bend near the welds and crush the fender.IMO

I think it depends on how you support it. Neither of those guys supported theirs.

If I were to do it, I would run the tube much closer to the fender.....maybe enough so that the lip of the fender splits the center of the tube....not sure if I would tack weld it or not.....but I would definitely run another support for it inside the fender....similar to how people support the wrap around portion of a rear bumper.

ashmanjeepxj said:
I did a bar to protect the Engine compartment and to support the A-pillar, I also helps support the front bumper..

I didnt see a need to run an additional bar to follow the fender. With the big 2in tube Ill probibly hit the tube before hitting the fender opening first any ways...

download.php

I thought that the main reason to run tube fenders is to protect the fender from the tire and the tire from the fender, but I do see how some support on the inside could help protect it from a flop.
Billy

Her is how I did mine but I plan to tie it into the rest of the exo when I get around to it
1239384-P1030224.jpg

Here is all Have done on it so far but as soon as I do a couple other projects I have going I will get back to it
1249586-P1210231.jpg

Damn, really?? Maybe it's the paint scheme playin with my eyes, but I would have guessed no larger than 1"

trust me its 1.5 same as the bumper and the cage.
Led

Back