• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Problems!!!

theschwarz1

NAXJA Forum User
This is what a freind sent me. He is getting frustrated. I am sure he has posted on here about it but I feel like I could help by sending this out.....
: After we put the lift on..
: It hasn't been the same...
: Drives all over the road...
: I mean ALL OVER the road
: I can't get rid of this wobbling wheel, either...
: 2 new hubs and it still wobbles:
: I don;t even know if the hub is what's causing the wobbling wheel
: It might bu in the differential
: I tried to get an alignment, and they said $600.00
: For a new hub, which I had just replaced
: I am going to replace the drag link and the track bar..

Anyone have any ideas about it?

WHOAH, I thought $70 was too much for an alignment. Go to www.gojeep.rockrawler.com and look at how to do your own alignments, then get your tires balanced/

This sounds exactly like what my jeep was doing after going up a couple of extra inches. I checked my alignment by gojeeps' method, and it was way off. Gave it a tape-measure alignment, and it's driving perfectly now!!!

It is really as easy as this: Measure front and rear of tire at mid-height point. If the difference is not between 1/16th and 1/8th inch (with the front being 1/16 to 1/8 closer together than the rear), then loosen both sides of your tie rod, and spin it until the measurements are within that range. That's all there is to it. Everytime you go up, it dramatically effects your toe-in, which is what you'll be re-setting.

Oh, for ease of use, I just measured by putting the lead of the tape against one tire and the back of the tape housing against the other side. It really isn't about it being a precise number, but only a precise comparison.

DO IT.

wobbling huh, good thing you're replacing the track bar. That's what was causing mine....33's and the stock bar with 200k on it: bad combo.

Back