• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender nut size?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
What size are the nuts on the inner fender that hold the metal clamps tight to the flares? I popped my front right fender flare off and don't seem to have any wrenches that will fit the little nuts, plus the freakin plastic inner fender is in the way big time. Its starting to piss me off. :variety:

I searched on JU and out of 50 different fender post I found 1 response that said 10mm.

So are they 10mm?

I think i tryed 10mm. do they come right out? i had a 10mm on it for ever never seemed to come out. i think il go try it again. im pretty sure it was A 10mm that fit.

Jeepster4wd said:
I think i tryed 10mm. do they come right out? i had a 10mm on it for ever never seemed to come out. i think il go try it again. im pretty sure it was A 10mm that fit.
yup, 10mm is correct

They have a really fine thread so it takes alot of turning to get them off. My tires had bent the studs so most of them broke when I loosened them.

Just pulled the fender flares off my jeep last week. Found it much easier to just rip out the liner and then take off the nuts, if your going to keep the stock setup I wouldnt reccomend taking it out though. It was really stuborn and I ended up just ripping the damn thing out. The only thing that has bothered me about removing the splashguard things is that there is a large void all the way to the doors but I have not accumulated much of anything in there and there is no new road noise or anything. I can also confirm its 10mm.

Alan

Back