• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Front locker Advice

dwhiddon

NAXJA Forum User
I'm ready to get my first locker. My front spider gears are busted so I figured now or never. I only have around three hundred to spend(including installation). I am leaning heavily toward the aussie locker. Any advice. I already know selectable lockers are way better, but I can't afford one. And at some point I want a 44 in the front. Any thoughts?

csudman said:
yeah pretty much all the lunchboxers will do the same thing. I went with a lockright and am satisfied. From what I hear the ausie locker may take a while to ship or there have been delays or somthing.
Check out www.DC4WD.com It's where I bought my locker and the guy was really helpful. You should be able to get a locker for under $250 for sure. and install is easy. Tab A into Slot B kinda thing. Sould take about 2-3 hours if nothing goes bad.
On the street i didn't notice a differance but on the trail you will defantly notice it. I had alrady had a 2LO kit and it helps out So much when trying to make tight turns.
At least you got the idea right. Don't replace, upgrade.

The nice thing about gettin a lunchbox locker for the D30 is that you can always resell the thing on naxja.com and get quite a bit of your money back. You will notice it on the steet more if you have a non-disconnect D30. It should be pretty invisible with the disconnect axle though.

jared

DeadEyeJ said:
The nice thing about gettin a lunchbox locker for the D30 is that you can always resell the thing on naxja.com and get quite a bit of your money back. You will notice it on the steet more if you have a non-disconnect D30. It should be pretty invisible with the disconnect axle though.

jared

2 years on a non-disco D30 with a lockright - completely invisible in 2wd on the street. But - if you live in icy/snowy country, a front locker takes some getting used to in the slick stuff...

So I can put a Aussie or Lock Rite in my D30 with the NP242 t-case and not have a problem. Not to hijack the tread but I wanted to know. I have been looking for one as well. Any thoughts, Juice

my friend just was telling my today that his friend runs an np242 with a dana60 front and a detroit and fulltime does weird things when steering but other than that it works. So ya I am ass-you-meing that it will work

That is what I thought, weird things in full time. I guess one day i'm going to have to pony up and get a ARB or steal my brothers D44 front from his Rubicon. Ha ha, Thanks Juice

I'd say go with a lunchbox locker for now. ex. lock right or aussie

that way you can reuse it in a carrier for lower gears

i ordering one tonight

dwhiddon said:
I ordered the lockright, aussies are out of stock

Argh! Have they been out long?

I placed an order a week ago and haven't heard didlysquat, and since I have a deadline (I live in Norway and the locker is meant to be brought here by a friend who leaves USA by the end of february), I need to know! Offroadlockers aren't exactly quick to reply on mail or even answer the phone, so I haven't got a confirmation that they are sold out.. So I'm getting rather nervous.

Yep. Me to, no mail, no confirmation, no nothing. But a guy who ordered the day after me got a reply from them for some reason, saying more lockers were being shipped from Australia. Kind of bad customer service I think, if this thing suddenly shows up in my mailbox in three months I may not have the money then. I consider it not ordered as long as I've got no confirmation.. if they're out of stock they should at least have some auto-reply e-mail or something telling us what's going on. I think.

Amund2 said:
Yep. Me to, no mail, no confirmation, no nothing. But a guy who ordered the day after me got a reply from them for some reason, saying more lockers were being shipped from Australia. Kind of bad customer service I think, if this thing suddenly shows up in my mailbox in three months I may not have the money then. I consider it not ordered as long as I've got no confirmation.. if they're out of stock they should at least have some auto-reply e-mail or something telling us what's going on. I think.

I did get a reply, rather quick actually. Appearantly they are almost ALWAYS out of stock for dana 30, the whole shipment is usually already ordered before it arrives. Next shipment was due in about 5 weeks.. Crap. The order confirmation did not say a word about when delivery was to expect.

Back