• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Milage issues after pond incident!

giranger

NAXJA Forum User
Well, after my pond incident (if you havent seen the pics http://www.resizeme.com/index.cfm?p...ums&albumid=415).

Got everything working with no problems except the fuel gauge is bouncing around when full and now I dont get the fuel milage I used to. I know its not a pontoon and i dont need any lectures (this is the second time ) so I figure I just get better everytime . Anyhow at first the only code I was getting was Po171 (too lean) so I've changed manifold, cat, upstream O2 sensor, fuel filter and that went away. But I still dont get the 14mpg I used to, now its more like 10mpg. I've got 96XJ so the pressure regulator is part of the fuel pump and it all has to be replaced.

Does anyone have FSM that could give me the proceedures and fuel pressures I should have? Or that can tell me off the top of their head?

The engine and tranny have been flushed many a times in the past 2 weeks and are running fine. Just burning more fuel than usual. BTW, it doesnt have a return line like older XJ's. TIA Jeff CamoXJ

giranger said:
Well, after my pond incident (if you havent seen the pics http://www.resizeme.com/index.cfm?p...ums&albumid=415).

Got everything working with no problems except the fuel gauge is bouncing around when full and now I dont get the fuel milage I used to. I know its not a pontoon and i dont need any lectures (this is the second time ) so I figure I just get better everytime . Anyhow at first the only code I was getting was Po171 (too lean) so I've changed manifold, cat, upstream O2 sensor, fuel filter and that went away. But I still dont get the 14mpg I used to, now its more like 10mpg. I've got 96XJ so the pressure regulator is part of the fuel pump and it all has to be replaced.

Does anyone have FSM that could give me the proceedures and fuel pressures I should have? Or that can tell me off the top of their head?

The engine and tranny have been flushed many a times in the past 2 weeks and are running fine. Just burning more fuel than usual. BTW, it doesnt have a return line like older XJ's. TIA Jeff CamoXJ

linky no worky... what year is yer XJ? you may have water in yer gas tank

Back