• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

airtube/battery mount..

mikeny

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks all for the optima help, I have another question; what's all the rage in terms of airtubes- rusty's, rock-it, homemade, etc?

I did a search on the forum, got some good info, also did a wider search. I've seen a couple that use the original tube that connects the '98's tb to filter box, that looks nice and cheap.

If that's the route to go instead of a premade kit - I'm open to those to - does someone have a k&n pn for a cone filter that'll still give me enough room for the second battery (or is running the filter over the valve cover a better way to go)?

Thanks for the help.

Mike

I made mine for around $65 bucks, and $50 of that is the cost of the filter.

I have Rusty's airtube with the small (5.5x6 I think) k&n cone filter. I relocated my battery to the drivers side with a desiel tray. The filter leans on the battery a little, but it all fits. Somethign that points the filter down a bit more would fit better. I had to move the computer, just flipped it with everything plugged in and attached it to the top of the fender near the master cylinder.

Back