• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kevin's Rok Rails

keith haw

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of Kevin's rails that I was getting ready to install. I couldn't help but notice that ALL the weight is supported by the inside frame bolts. There's no connection to the pinch seam at all. My concern is how do they hold up? Is there a problem with the bolts pulling out? Seems to me if you stand on them much, or just from road vibrations, they would pull the bolts out. Am I worried about nothing?
Thanks
Keith

keith haw said:
I have a set of Kevin's rails that I was getting ready to install. I couldn't help but notice that ALL the weight is supported by the inside frame bolts. There's no connection to the pinch seam at all. My concern is how do they hold up? Is there a problem with the bolts pulling out? Seems to me if you stand on them much, or just from road vibrations, they would pull the bolts out. Am I worried about nothing?
Thanks
Keith

Sounds like a poor design to me :nono:

i've had kevin's rails on for over 2 years and haven't had any problems with bolts pulling out. just be careful when you install them not to strip out the holes while you're tightening the bolts. you'll need to notch the pinch seam in 2 places on each side, since the rails rest directly on the rocker panel.

i've been very pleased with the rails (and with kevin's customer service) and would not hesitate to buy them again, or to recommend them to anyone.

They work in the same fashion that my rails on my '99 did from CRSU...notch the pinch seam and attach...CRSU's welded on though. The worked very well.

His first design bolted to the pinch seam. He has since modified them to what you have now. I can't vouch for the new, but I know a few happy owners of the old style.

Back