• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo Gears

Xjman1

NAXJA Forum User
Some one please correct me if I am wrong, A speedo gear is not year specific for the XJ? A gear out of a say 92 will fit a 99? Need to order a 37T gear but the dealer only list 37t up to 94.

Thanks!!

The gears are somewhat year specific. I don't think a gear from a 92 will fit a 99.

the gear from a 92 will not fit a 99 if you need the gear and the dealer does not list it for an xj look at some of the doge pick up gears they fit and have difrent tooth counts ( i needed a gear for my 92 3:07 withh 33's gear from a ram charger fit and works just fine now its time for 4.56's)

Xjman1 said:
Some one please correct me if I am wrong, A speedo gear is not year specific for the XJ? A gear out of a say 92 will fit a 99? Need to order a 37T gear but the dealer only list 37t up to 94.

Thanks!!

I have a listing of the part numbers for all the different ratios and what years they fit along with a chart to work it all out on my site.

http://go.jeep-xj.info

Gojeep said:
I have a listing of the part numbers for all the different ratios and what years they fit along with a chart to work it all out on my site.

http://go.jeep-xj.info

Thanks! You reassured me that I should be alright. Even though they did not list a 37T for the '99 I went ahead and ordered it being that the same 6 lead numbers were there for all the other gears it listed so the seemed universal with only the tooth count changeing on part number.
I am a little concerned that I ordered a 37t based on another chart and you list that I should use a 40T. Guess I'll have to monitor the GPS and double check the 37T.

Xjman1 said:
Thanks! You reassured me that I should be alright. Even though they did not list a 37T for the '99 I went ahead and ordered it being that the same 6 lead numbers were there for all the other gears it listed so the seemed universal with only the tooth count changeing on part number.
I am a little concerned that I ordered a 37t based on another chart and you list that I should use a 40T. Guess I'll have to monitor the GPS and double check the 37T.

I keep changing mine to keep it up with reported GPS readings in different sizes from BFG's owners. Will you be running them?

40t

Gojeep said:
I keep changing mine to keep it up with reported GPS readings in different sizes from BFG's owners. Will you be running them?

I am running 265x75x16" Pro Comp MT's and the 40T was dead on at 65 - 75 with the 4.56 gears. A mile slower up to approx 45, which is great. Thanks for sharing your experience as it saved me some heartache and experimentation time. You have an awesome sight and I have used it many a time.

Xjman1 said:
I am running 265x75x16" Pro Comp MT's and the 40T was dead on at 65 - 75 with the 4.56 gears. A mile slower up to approx 45, which is great. Thanks for sharing your experience as it saved me some heartache and experimentation time. You have an awesome sight and I have used it many a time.

My pleasure :star:

Back