• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf pack options?

ZAC

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at going to about a 3-3.5 leaf pack for my 95 sport. Originally I was looking at the RE 3.5 but have heard that 4.5-5 inch is the actual result and I dont want to go that big.

Any other leaf packs out there that anyone would recommend?

currently have a 1 inch shackle with a short aal (sagging) with 31x10.50

Rustys has a 3" pack that will give you almost 4"s for $210.

what size coils do you have in the front? RE 3.5 coils start at about 4.5" of lift and settle to around 3.5-4" i would go that route. In my opinion i think RE makes some of the best XJ products on the market. if you don't want to spend that much. rusty makes a long AAL that is 3.5" is about 60 bucks.

shimmy said:
what size coils do you have in the front? RE 3.5 coils start at about 4.5" of lift and settle to around 3.5-4" i would go that route. In my opinion i think RE makes some of the best XJ products on the market. if you don't want to spend that much. rusty makes a long AAL that is 3.5" is about 60 bucks.

I have the procomp 3" coils up front with a 1" spacer. I am happy with the ride and height in the front and would like try to match it in the rear.

I have heard great things about RE also but if I go with their 3.5 packs and my 1" shackle I would be afraid of riding with the rear up higher than desired. Also I want to try to stay away from dropping the t-case or any unwanted vibes so I dont want to go too high. thanks

ZAC said:
what about Old Man Emu? anybody heard good or bad about their stuff? they have a three inch pack.

OME springs are better quality and deliver a better ride than Rusty's or R.E.'s

CAn somebody provide me with a 'link' to the proper step-by-step how-to-do-it for the Dakota leaf thing.

I've picked up 3" Rusty's coils, LCAs and a Skyjacker adjustable track bar for the front and now I'm looking at options for 3" in the rear.

I have a 98 XJ Sport.

Any advice on shocks. I don't do a ton of off roading, rather I do some modest trails in Northern Ontario.

I'm going with 31 X 10.5 X 15 for tires on my stock rims (which apparently should work)

Please advise . . .

I like my OME springs just fine. They ride much better than the 3" Rusty's I had on a previous XJ. The only downside is they cost way more.

ZAC said:
what about Old Man Emu? anybody heard good or bad about their stuff? they have a three inch pack.

OME makes excellent stuff...their focus has always been to optimize the factory suspension design without altering its geometry. If you want excellent suspension balance and better than stock road manners, which limits you to a relatively short lift, then OME is an excellent way to go.

Nay

I've got a line on some OME springs that'll give me about 2.25" so he says.

Can I use shackles with these things to get me up to the full 3" I'm looking for??

I used OFGS ACOS and RRO 1.5" Shackles and neted about 4.25 before it settled; then again I have about 3000 miles on the lift and its still at about 4". Zac the other thing is you have to install the bushings in the OME springs, not hard to do, but an added cost.

I just installed the RE 3.5 lift with full AAL's two weeks ago and I love it if you shop around you can find vendors that come real close to Rusty's prices.

Nick said:
I used OFGS ACOS and RRO 1.5" Shackles and neted about 4.25 before it settled; then again I have about 3000 miles on the lift and its still at about 4". Zac the other thing is you have to install the bushings in the OME springs, not hard to do, but an added cost.

I can get the OME 3 in. for 175$ locally so will most likely do that. any idea on cost of the bushings? what about new ubolts? I'm pretty sure I'm still on the stock ubolts. thanks

Stock u-bolts are ok, the bushings I think were like $20 each. You can get them from the dealership, but if you have a company that builds springs and such near you they'll have them for cheaper. By the way, great price on the OME good for you. Let us know how it comes out.

dellstopjeep said:
reply to goal poster...... go to http://www.cheapxj.com
go to tech and find the one on dakota leaves. he is running them as well and i will soon to be as well. REal easy abd basic setup...let me know how it goes if u do it before me

Thanks for the link....looks like a good one. I'm currently considering lifting my wifes 96 XJ. XJ's are a little new for me....I'm a hardcore flatfender guy (Willys) I need all the help I can get!

Scott

Back