• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oops!2000xj

biscuitboy87

NAXJA Forum User
i just posted this in the wrong area here so...anyway, at around 68 mph through 75 mph i get a vibration in the driveline and it gets worst under acceleration. also how much horse power will the tranny take as i am planning a fipk kit, better electrcal, and header/exhaust combos...is there anything in print about this? any help will be much appreciated.

is it stock or do you have a lift?

could be worn tires, wheel balance problem, or worn steering stabilizer.

what tranny do you have?

whatever you have it will not have a problem with what you want to do.

what electrical changes are you going to do?

already has a good electrical system. doesnt the 2000 have the distributorless ignition without spark plug wires.

The AW4 transmission is extremely strong. People leave them in place when they do V8 engine swaps. In short, there is nothing an inline 6 can put out that will even come close to hurting it. Just about any of the aftermarket air intakes (fipk, Turbo City, Rustys, etc.) are a good performance mod. You might want to wrap the intake tube with some heat resistant material, it’ll help keep the air cooler and give it a little bit more power. The 2000 XJ already comes with the top of the line coil on spark plug system. I don’t think that there is anything that you can do to improve on the factory ignition system. The same goes for the exhaust. The eariler XJs can benefit from aftermarket headers and hi-flow cats, but yours is good to go from the factory.

2000xjautotranny

just wanted to thank you guys for the info...
i am learning more from this site than any other. very cool.
new problem...at idle (at stop light) the tach needle sits about 800 and then jumps to just a squeek above 1100 and runs a little rough, then drops back.
anyway...thanks for the info.

what shape are your tires in?? my 2000 did the same exact thing. my tires were worn horribly. i replaced them and it went away.

tires

LRRH said:
what shape are your tires in?? my 2000 did the same exact thing. my tires were worn horribly. i replaced them and it went away.

my tires are in good shape. i want new tires tho, so i will try that and see if it solves the vibration problem. thnaks!

if tires are in good shape, get the wheel balance checked and the tires rotated unless your set on getting new tires. vibration is usually wheel balance.

Back