• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum Disconect for Dana 30

89xjchick

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a way to disconnect only the passenger side for periodic turns. My front end is welded and it is difficult to make turns. I am hoping someone knows which vacuum cable engages the passenger side so that I will have "3 wheel" drive when disconnected. Are there any known hacks? Tried searching but got no results.
Thanks!
Heather

The easiest way is to remove the vacuum motor and check it

I think with a fingertip over the ports, you'd feel suction on one of those ports and pressure on another when you manually slide the shift fork from right (unlocked-3WD) to left (locked-4WD) and the opposite returning it to unlocked.

once that is determined, plumb a source of vacuum up to it through a switch (like the old FS Jeeps with Quadra Trac?) or something like a motorcycle fuel tap that had A+B ports

Or just spend a little more on a Posi-Lock, which converts from vacuum to in-cab cable...$180 from Rusty's or lots of other vendors...

HTH

Thanks for the help! Yep, know about the Posi-Lock option...just wanted to try and hack it ourselves instead and save some $$.
-Heather

Back